Friday, September 09, 2005

Birth, Marriage, Death and Divorce Records

If you're doing investigative research and not having any luck trying to locate an individual's birth, marriage, death, or divorce records--there may be a reason for that. COMAR section 10.03.01.07 specifies that these records can only be obtained by someone who "has a direct and tangible interest in the content of the record." As such, these records are not available online. Interestingly, though, a number of companies purport to be able to provide you these records for a fee. Given the above regulation, I don't understand how that could be permissible.

4 Comments:

Blogger MC Aryeh said...

The records are available for viewing in the archives in Annapolis.

3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Divorce and separation is so easy these days. Your blog covers georgia divorce lawyer which is how I found your site. I have a web site containing georgia divorce lawyer information as well - stop by sometime. Great posting by the way.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And on a lighter note than pure florida injury lawyer , check out the funniest trial transcript ever! If it's not serious enough of a topic, well, just pretend it's the Brit's version of florida injury lawyer !

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just ran across this post while conducting some research on various free divorce records sites. Even though it isn’t exactly what I was searching for, I think the people who visit your post might still be interested in reading my article on free divorce records. I try to answer the question: Are there really free divorce records sites? Even though it's not what I am looking for, I'm glad I stopped long enough to read -- thanks. Just thought you'd like to know.

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home