Friday, January 14, 2005

Maryland Rules of Professional Conduct Revised

The Maryland Court of Appeals has given the OK to the first full scale revision of the Maryland Lawyers Code of Professional Conduct since they were first introduced in 1986. What seems to be the most controversial change in the Code is Rule 8.4(e) which prohibits an attorney from "knowingly [making] manifest by words or conduct" bias toward a client based on based on race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. For more on the rules take a look at this page from the Maryland Judiciary.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lawyer willingly is seeking a default judgement knowing I do not live in the USA regarding custody of my children. Sending mail to a family member when my whereabouts are known. The Circuit Court said it would be noted as undelivered and for sure it was never served. I can't come to the USA to appear anyway. I am working on my return and establishing US citizenship that takes time and $$. Can this action be reported as unethical conduct? Its wrong. To see my kid it take 6 months of salary just to fly them and wasting money fighting from aboard is not worth taking away from the fee to get there legally.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home